MAME and it's Dumps

Having a problem downloading or using an Emulator. Not sure which Emulator to use. Post your questions here.

MAME and it's Dumps

Postby sparker781 » Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:27 pm

Good Morning/Afternoon

I was on the Internet Archive and they had a link to download a version of MAME with supposedly complete ROM sets. So i downloaded expecting to find a complete...Low and Behold it was not a complete set. Why is MAME so difficult to find working ROMS for? I mean NFL Blitz I'd love to play or anything recently as Run N Gun NBA on NBC....Just some examples.

This is sort of a RANT and Question...IS it possible to find complete sets?

Thanks
sparker781
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member
Next LVL Up at : 10
Next LVL Up at : 10

Fav System: NES

Re: MAME and it's Dumps

Postby Hot Trout » Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:58 am

sparker781 wrote:Good Morning/Afternoon

I was on the Internet Archive and they had a link to download a version of MAME with supposedly complete ROM sets. So i downloaded expecting to find a complete...Low and Behold it was not a complete set. Why is MAME so difficult to find working ROMS for? I mean NFL Blitz I'd love to play or anything recently as Run N Gun NBA on NBC....Just some examples.

This is sort of a RANT and Question...IS it possible to find complete sets?

Thanks

We have complete sets split up into parts for some of the most popular sets. Take a look here :-

Code: Select all
https://www.theoldcomputer.com/roms/index.php?folder=MAME/Single-Download-Mega-Packs

For any given set you may need to download multiple files and then decompress then to make the entire set. This is due to neding to avoid massive single files. I hope this helps a little.
Webmaster, Admin, Amiga Fan, Retro Gamer and Collector

Click the banner to Join us on Discord
Hot Trout
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member
Next LVL Up at : 3650
Next LVL Up at : 3650

Fav System: Amiga
Steam ID: hot_trout

Return to Support with Emulators