Modern Warfare 2

XBox, 360, PlayStation3, Wii, PSP, DS

Modern Warfare 2

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:25 am

The game is absolutely sick. Yes, everyone knows it too. Hope they all agree.
A question about it tho...

I had this discussion wit a friend of mine and we couldnt decide.

Technically speaking, is it considered Call of Duty 6? (Dont forget world at war which is 5), or is it just considered Modern Warfare 2.

Because I think its a whole different branch under the CoD MW list and not really CoD 6.
Otherwise its like Call of Duty 6 Modern Warfare 2. And thats just not right lol

Re: Modern Warfare 2

Postby Hot Trout » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:41 pm

Modern Warfare 2 is a super game which is completly ruined by the fact that it forces you to install STEAM. I hate steam and I do not agree with a game producer making a title that forces you to use it. You should have a choice, it should not be manditory.

I still play a lot of modern games and I still on a LAN with friends at least once a week at my office. It is something we started back in the early days of PC gaming with games like DESCENT and DOOM. We are all a lot older now but we still really enjoy getting together and gaming in the one room. Now to do this we do not need STEAM, we just need a LAN. Now with COD MW2 we have to go online and play other people. We have no choice in the matter :x . Don't get me wrong, we also play online with other teams but when we decide to it is also fun just to play as a bunch of friends.

So to answer your question, yes COD MW2 is a superb game, packaged by force with STEAM which is S**t.
Webmaster, Admin, Amiga Fan, Retro Gamer and Collector

Click the banner to Join us on Discord
Hot Trout
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member
Next LVL Up at : 3650
Next LVL Up at : 3650

Fav System: Amiga
Steam ID: hot_trout

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:21 pm

Ha, I totally agree. I do hate steam as well. What a freakin waste of my life and something completely unnecessary. Im sure tho there are work-arounds to the whole steam thing. And I could prob find them too. Just have to know the right people who have the same feelings that have the right tools and skills to actually do something about it =]

Also, Doom is God

Postby Kherr » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:20 pm

That's why I just play the Xbox 360 copy. No steam for me... (Steam...ing pile of s***)... I hate steam... why did you have to remind me of it? Just when I'd forgotten the h***... >.>
Kherr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Next LVL Up at : 1800

Fav System: PC/NES/SNES/Genesis
Steam ID: DAKherr

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:59 am

The map pack for MW2 is coming out in like a week. I was told the 30th of March. It has 2 or 3 new maps and 2 or 3 old ones from Modern Warfare. The popular ones obviously. Cant wait!

Postby Kherr » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:53 am

Yea, me neither. The new maps should be epic. Hope they bring Carantan (Chinatown) back. CoD2 was epic. :D
Kherr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:48 am

I suppose the new maps are available now. I havent the money or the points to get them and im not too concerned. Heres what the Infinity Ward website says about them:

* "Bailout" (Brand New), a multi-level apartment complex torn apart by combat with tight corridors and blown out suites along with vantage points overlooking the connecting courtyards and parking lots.

* "Storm" (Brand New), an open industrial park with large abandoned warehouses and factories littered with heavy machinery subjected to the rain and booming approach of an impending thunderstorm.

* "Salvage" (Brand New), a snowy junkyard fortified by stacked debris and crushed cars that offer a varied layout of open and close-quartered combat areas.

* "Crash" (From CoD4 MW), a war-torn urban environment centered by a downed helicopter and surrounded by vantage points from multi-story shops and destroyed buildings.

* "Overgrown" (From CoD4 MW), which features open fields with high grass and a massive dry creek bed that splits this neglected village in half.

http://modernwarfare2.infinityward.com/ ... deos?id=14

Someone mentioned to me that it also gives you some other camos and a few other neat things but im not sure of this right now. Possibly the gold deagle which previously was only available if you modded it.

Postby Kherr » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:09 am

Nicemo. :D
Kherr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Modern Consoles