How to use the PS1 games I downloaded here...

Nintendo NES, SNES, N64, Dreamcast, Sega, SNK and all game console platforms considered retro.

How to use the PS1 games I downloaded here...

Postby meatball81 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:00 am

Sorry, I am a bit new to this whole thing. I recently modded my fat PS2 with a HDD and memory stick. I downloaded some PS1 games from this sight after paying the $10.00 donation, but when I unzipped them, there was 1 CUE file and several different BIN files for each game, each BIN with a TRACK number in the title. When I use a physical game disc and ImgBurn to make my PS1 images for my PS2, it spits out 1 CUE file and 1 BIN file for the whole game, and I just use the BIN file on my PS2 and it works fine. How do I take the 1 CUE and the several BIN files downloaded here and turn them into 1 BIN file that I can play on an emulator? Any help would be appreciated. If I am posting in the the wrong area, I'm sorry. I am a new member and this is my first post! Thank you!
meatball81
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member
Next LVL Up at : 5

Fav System: Not Sure

Re: How to use the PS1 games I downloaded here...

Postby SE7EN » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:09 pm

can you give me the title of the game this is happening to? I downloaded a small game to check (Qix Neo) and it gave me 1 bin+cue....
SE7EN
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Next LVL Up at : 230
Next LVL Up at : 230

Fav System: Nintendo 64

Postby meatball81 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:35 am

Sorry for the delay... It happens mostly with the bigger games like Brigandine. I couldn't figure out how to use the files, so I just deleted them, so I am not exactly sure how many files you get but it's gotta be at least a dozen bin files and several image files. There are also a lot of games like Breath of Fire III and Breath of Fire IV that have a CUE file and two BIN files, even though they are only 1 disc games. If you download BOF III or IV, you will see that one BIN file is rather large while the other is really small. I just tested the waters and used the bigger BIN file for BOF III and it starts up and everything just fine, but I haven't actually played it yet... So I'm not sure what the second smaller BIN file is for.
meatball81
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member

Postby Roman78 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:21 pm

Bin files are like iso files. Those are images of a CD. Most cd burn programs (like Nero, XPburner or (if you useing a Mac) Toast) can burn those files. Normally you should burn those on a cd and use in your PS, but i think you need a modified PS. You can also convert those to ISO files an mount those.

Cue files contain track's layout of an audio disk.
Roman78
Next LVL Up at : 110
Next LVL Up at : 110

Fav System: EACA Video Genie I

Postby Kherr » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:44 pm

What Roman78 said.

:hi:
Kherr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Next LVL Up at : 1800
Next LVL Up at : 1800

Fav System: PC/NES/SNES/Genesis
Steam ID: DAKherr

Postby meatball81 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:54 am

I'm sorry, but that didn't really answer my question. You can only burn 1 BIN for the same game to a disc. So if I download a game here and it has 2 bin files, but yet it is only a 1 disc game, how and I supposed to make that 1 BIN file?
meatball81
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member

Postby Hot Trout » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:19 pm

I have looked into this for you and suggest the following:-

PS1 games with multiple bins are Redump images. The first bin is the actual game, the rest of the bins (ive seen games with lots of bins) are all the music files.

If you are playing this on a console then just burn the cue as normal.

For emulator use, like ePSXe they will not work unfortunatly. I dont know of any emulators currently that can handle the multiple bins like that, I am open to suggestions.

If you want to use it for an emulator, what you can do is mount the cue with Daemon Tools. Once mounted, use ImgBurn and select "Create Image File From Disc", Click file, browse, pick your Daemon Tools Virtual Drive and create the image.

It will make a single bin/cue out of all of the bins and you should in theory be good to go for emulation.
Webmaster, Admin, Amiga Fan, Retro Gamer and Collector

Click the banner to Join us on Discord
Hot Trout
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member
Next LVL Up at : 3650
Next LVL Up at : 3650

Fav System: Amiga
Steam ID: hot_trout

Return to Retro Consoles