Register here for FREE Faster Download Speeds

The latest website news and update info.

Register here for FREE Faster Download Speeds

Postby Hot Trout » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:10 pm

There are three types of account available. GUEST, REGISTERED and UNLIMITED.

The Guest account is what everybody uses when they first visit the site. It is the default account that only allows 2 file downloads at a time with speed restricted to 64KB/s. The Registered User account is free, easy to setup and allows you to use the forums and download content at 192KB/s or 3x the normal speed. In addition it also allows you to download 5 files at at given time. The Unlimited account is by far the best option and gets you access to all areas of the site and roms, access to single download rom packs and unlimited download speeds, typically 10x faster than a guest account. In addition you can download 25 files at any one time.

Unlimited User Reviews

"Speed upgrade was fast and convenient. $20 is a small price to pay for the ability to get more classics faster. And you're supporting a good cause, the historical documentation of some of our greatest content."
(Andy)

"20 bucks for life? even if you use it for a month, that is a third than is normally charged for a site this good."
(Kris)

"I have not found a larger archive. Thanks!"
(Big Tom)

"Thanks guys! Ten bucks for everything you guys offer is amazing...keep it up!"
(Greenman2311)

"Awesome site! $20 is nothing for thousands of dollars worth of classic games!"
(Meta1head)

How to Upgrade : From Guest User to Registered User for Free
It takes less than 1 minute and your account activation is instant
Please follow these simple steps :-

1. Register in the forums.
    First you must Register in these forums, use this link, CLICK HERE TO REGISTER and remember your username and password.

Please also LIKE our Facebook Page (Click here to visit our FACEBOOK PAGE)

2. Login to Roms Database.
    After registration, go to the Roms section, login by clicking on the green Login text (see image below)

Then simply enter your forum username (the username you selected) and also your password.

Once this has been done correctly you will notice that your status changes as follows

3. Download at 3x faster.
    You are now able to download at 3x the normal rate. You also have access to all Guest and Registered User Areas of the website.

How to Upgrade : To an Unlimited User Account
It takes less than 5 minutes and your account activation is instant
Please follow these simple steps :-

1. Register in the forums.
    First you must Register in these forums, use this link, CLICK HERE TO REGISTER and remember your username and password.

Please also LIKE our Facebook Page (Click here to visit our FACEBOOK PAGE)

2. Make a Donation in one of two ways

a. Bitcoin payment method which is manual
      b. Purchase from a partner site which is automatic & immediate

When ready to make your donation using either method please visit the DONATE PAGE to do this.

3. Login to Roms Database.
    Now when you enter the Roms section, login by clicking on the green Login text (see image below)

Then simply enter your forum username (the username you selected) and also your password.

Once this has been done correctly you will notice that your status changes as follows

4. Access all areas & Download at Unlimited Speeds
    You are now able to download at unlimited rates. You will also have access to all Guest User, Registered User and Unlimited User Areas of the site. More importantly you have become a friend of the site and taken the time to say thanks and for that I thank you. :bow2:

As a bonus your forum account rank will change to Unlimited Member Image to show to everyone that you have said thanks, this will also get your some forum bonus's in the near future.

Thats all you have to do. Enjoy your new unlimited user account status for the rest of your retro gaming life. Still Not Convinced? See what other UNLIMITED users have to say about their upgrades, keep reading the posts below.
Webmaster, Admin, Amiga Fan, Retro Gamer and Collector

Click the banner to Join us on Discord
Hot Trout
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member
Next LVL Up at : 3650
Next LVL Up at : 3650

Fav System: Amiga
Steam ID: hot_trout

Re: Register for FREE and get x3 Faster Downloads !

Postby Paz » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:47 pm

I just wanted to say thanks for the great site. I have donated more than once and will continue to do so in the years to come. I urge everyone to give a little to help keep this site alive. ;)

It is well worth $10 of anyones money just for the HUGE speed increase.

Thanks again, keep up the great work. :D
Paz
Next LVL Up at : 5

Postby macdude22 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:47 pm

Speed upgrade was fast and convenient. $10 is a small price to pay for the ability to get more classics faster. And you're supporting a good cause, the historical documentation of some of our greatest content.
macdude22
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member
Next LVL Up at : 10
Next LVL Up at : 10

Postby JAHGoVeg » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:57 pm

You know I just wanna say I still think that this idea is genius it let's you get almost 200 kb/s speed for free all you have to do is register! it's awesome (especially for younger ones like me who are working on a way to pay you). But anyways, I think it's totally worth it I mean just for ten bucks you could get either two subway footlongs which Will last you till dinner, if you're lucky ;) (well actually it's $10.93 w/ tax in Tennessee :mrgreen: ) or all the roms you could ever download which will last you to the grave and trust me I'll have my iPod down there so I can play mario in my coffin. :D the point is I support you on this one HotTrout, and all who can should donate now!!! Lol
That's me
JAHGoVeg
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member
Next LVL Up at : 850
Next LVL Up at : 850

Fav System: SNES

Postby Jesse » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:09 pm

$10 is a great deal considering that the 8x faster speed you get is for life. FOR LIFE! I don't think anyone can claim that as being unreasonable. And as you guys said, that money goes toward keeping this big old behemoth of a ROM site afloat.

And this site deserves it. Compared to a lot of other ROM sites you see, this is fast, clean, and convenient.

Anyway, donating is a good thing all around. I would recommend it.
Jesse
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member
Next LVL Up at : 130
Next LVL Up at : 130

Postby knightrdrx » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:24 am

with all the old games i just downloaded , i am living a dream i had as a kid walking through toys r us
with the regular download speed i can't download more than one at once nor can i go back to the previous page.
I was happy to donate $10. It is well worth the price for all the content. being a donor and registed my downloads are much faster...
knightrdrx
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member
Next LVL Up at : 15
Next LVL Up at : 15

Postby Kherr » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:17 pm

I've been coming here since 2007. I can't stop coming back. This site has fueled my retro scene for the last 3 years. I've played all the games I did when I was a kid... just yesterday. And last month. And last year. :D The point is, you can't get the majority of what's here anywhere else. This place rocks, and $10 is nothing to help out. You get that nifty speed boost too... for life. Point is, a donation would be greatly appreciated, and it's going to actually pay for keeping the site running. It's not going in anyone's pocket... except back into yours in the form of games. :D

BTW - I've donated $30 thus far, how much have you? :ugeek:
Kherr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Next LVL Up at : 1800
Next LVL Up at : 1800

Fav System: PC/NES/SNES/Genesis
Steam ID: DAKherr

Postby Phontaine » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:58 am

Just want to add my name to the long list of fans of TheOldComputer.com. Found the site years ago looking for an old NES ROM, Genghis Khan. Not only did I find the game, but a newer and better emulator and a TON of other games I had totally forgotten about: 1943, Zelda, Bionic Commando, Goonies 2, and more. Been a fan of the site ever since.

Then I finally got around to donating a few bucks to ensure that others can get the same enjoyment I have out of those classic games. Ten bucks is a small price to pay for unlimited downloads. And it's less than you would have paid for a single NES cartridge back in the day!

And to compensate for those who may not feel so inclined to donate, I gave $140. TheOldComputer.com gave me unlimited downloads. But I think it's more important to support what HotTrout and company are trying to do. When I scrape together some more cash, I'm sure I'll donate again. Great site.

I love you, TheOldComputer.com!

--Phontaine
Phontaine
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:35 am

Where has the time gone. It seems like just the other day I was chilling in my basement gripping the old NES controller fighting my way through Contra or trying to succeed further in the levels of Blaster Master. Time goes on and you move from one console to the next. Upgrading to the next NEW thing. But, do you ever think back to those games that started it all? Well if you've ever visited this site then I'm sure that's exactly whats happening. $10, $20, $50, $100... That's a small price for memories don't you think..

A donation not only gets you unlimited download speeds, I draws you in to this community as one of our own. Our little social network where we communicate and share ourselves to others. You get the game you were searching for and then realize that you will never have to search again because TheOldComputer is the source and has everything else you need. With a donation you've earned the respect of everyone and once again get to relive and ENJOY your past that started it all.

Be apart of the family and make a donation. Pass on the legacy!

Postby RadicalHerb » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:45 am

It was a pleasure to donate if only to keep this site going but then also you get the added bonus of faster download speeds. I have discovered old favourites and others that I had missed out on the first time around. My thanks to all for just being there.
RadicalHerb
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member

Next

Return to Latest Website News and Updates