Dragon Mech's Wads For Skulltag/Zandronum

PC and MAC news and discussions.

Re: Dragon Mech's Weapons For Skulltag/Zandronum

Postby Dragon Mech » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:30 pm

hey everyone.

work on my deathmatch weapons mod is progressing well. i did go ahead and use the weapons from my last weapons mod as a base for this one. and i did remove ALL monsters from it. i have left the mine item in as well as the field kit and the nuclear mine/T-bomb.
i am in the middle of adding more weapons to the wad and testing them as i do so. though i must admit that i'm not sure of how powerful to make the weapons for dethmatches. so i'm trying to balance them for single player use and PvP game play. i'll post more updates as i make them. see ya later. :bowser:
Site Moderator
For the Glory of the Gamer Nation!
Dragon Mech
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Next LVL Up at : 630

Fav System: Too many to list here :D

Postby Dragon Mech » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:00 pm

hello all.
i think i'm done with my deathmatch mod. though as i've stated before, i'm not to sure how to setup weapons for PvP style game play. most of what i added where shotguns and plasma weapons. though i did add an extra weapon to the pistol, rocket/explosive and BFG catagories. i also replaces doom's fist with a more powerful one. i may add a few more weapons but it's not very likely at this point. i do need some volunteers to play test these weapons an give me their opinions. i ask that anyone wishing to do so please PM me here.
thats all for now. as all ways i'll post more news as it happens. see ya later. :bowser:
Site Moderator
Dragon Mech
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Dragon Mech » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:53 pm

i'm sorry that it's taken me so long to post an update about my deathmatch weapons mod for zandronum but i've been doing alot of play testing against bot players in deathmatches and single player games and also dealing with a certain house cat that keeps laying on my keyboard. i've added another weapon to the BFG category and one more weapon to the small arms energy weapon category. for a total of four BFG's and six small arms energy weapons. i've also added the Marine Rifle that is in my lite weight weapons mod (Dragon Mech's Weapons Lite).i've also added the Doom player resources from the Mega-Blood.wad file so players will now explode in a bloody mess when they get fraged. this only affects players, not monsters.

thats about it for now. i will continue to do more testing by myself but i still need testers that can spend several hours playing with this mod against other real people and not bots.
Site Moderator
Dragon Mech
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Dragon Mech » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:57 pm

wow, over 4000 views of this topic. don't i feel popular :lol: .

anyways, i am offically done with my deathmatch weapons mod. i've gotten all of the weapons setup how i want them and i've done as much testing as one person can do by himself (oh the horror, the fraging horror! my god make it stop!!! :D ). but at the moment i'm having problems with the phone line (yes i have Dial-up internet.) and the connection isn't reliable for now. as soon as it's fixed i'll upload the file to my public dropbox folder and post the URL here. see ya later! :bowser:
Site Moderator
Dragon Mech
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Dragon Mech's Wads For Skulltag/Zandronum

Postby Dragon Mech » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:32 am

Hey everyone.
even after i said in my last post that i was done with my deathmatch weapons mod, i decided to make more changes. i swear this is some of my best work thus far. but i'm finally happy with how it has turned out and i have uploaded it to my dropbox for everyone to download. i have uploaded 2 archive files. a .7z and a .zip. the .7z archive file is for people to download directly from this post. the .zip archive file is for use with Doomseeker.here are the download url's

and just for the fly fork of it, i made a small patch for DooM's Lost Soul monster that will make it spit fireballs as well as charge at players. i wrote a random spawner that will spawn the modified Lost Soul as well as one that acts normally. here is the download url for the Lost Soul patch.

this patch will only work with source ports that use decorate files. this patch will not work with vanilla doom.

my next project will be to make a monster mod for zandronum. this mod will randomly spawn new monsters in the same manner that version 3.5 of my weapons mod did. but i will be doing this with all of dooms monsters. i have already begun work on this monster mod and i will keep you all upto date on it's progress. :bowser:

Notice: All wad files mentioned in this post are not avalible anymore
Last edited by Dragon Mech on Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Site Moderator
Dragon Mech
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Dragon Mech » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:19 am

hellloooooo Theoldcomputer.coooooooooooooomm!!

i am currently evaluating monsters for my monster mod but i already have the plan of what i want to do "ironed out" so to speak.
as i said in my last post, the new monsters will randomly take the places of the normal doom monsters. this way players will not be sure of which monsters they will be faceing each time they play a map. the new monsters will have slightly more health than the normal ones. for example, the Hell Knight's health is 500. the monster that will randomly spawn in place of the hell knight will have it's health set to 700. in addition to the slight health increase, the new monsters will be more aggressive and more frequent with their attacks. and if that wasn't bad enough, the new monsters will somtimes come back to life(sometimes more than once). at this time there will be only one new monster per Doom Monster but i may add more monsters later or just completely replace the doom monsters altogether. well thats it for now. i'll post some screenshots of some the new monsters as i make my decisions (and modifications to the coding :twisted: ). later. :bowser:
Site Moderator
Dragon Mech
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Dragon Mech » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:19 am

hello everyone.

i have been busy with real life for a while now. but i have been working on the monster mod in my spare time. i don't have any screenshots yet and i am sorry to say that i will not be posting any untell i have finshed the mod. i can not have screenshots of shoddy work floating around. but i can say that i have been working on some very twisted stuff. i'm sure there will be players cursing me after they try this wad.

also, it seems to me that there isn't any intrest in my wads in our community. so after i release this monster mod, i will keep the dowload link posted here for about six months and then i'll remove any download links for my wads from the forums. anyone wanting to download my wad files after that will have to PM me here.
Site Moderator
Dragon Mech
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Dragon Mech » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:31 pm

i have decide to not finsh my monster mod. i have also deleted all of my released wad files from my public dropbox folder. and i will remove the download urls from my previous posts.
i will not be releasing any more wad files.
Site Moderator
Dragon Mech
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby PMJPlay » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:58 pm

whats going on?
PMJPlay
Curator
Curator
Next LVL Up at : 1250
Next LVL Up at : 1250

Postby Dragon Mech » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:55 pm

it's just that no one seems to care or want these. the fun of putting in the time and work has been suck out of it. and it's pointless for me to continue if it's not fun any more. :(
Site Moderator
Dragon Mech
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Modern Computing