Why've you stopped uploading music Kherr?

Here you will find extracted RIP's of game music, sound effects and memories of the music from our best loved games.

Moderator: Kherr

Why've you stopped uploading music Kherr?

Postby Kherr » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:36 pm

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to make a post in here because I didn't see one outlining why I've not ripped or uploaded anything in a very long time. I'm just going to make this simple - the main reason is because up until this point I'd lost interest in working on this project, unfortunately. I'd blame Nintendo for it but it's not entirely their fault, they were just the last nail in the coffin.

Other compounding reasons are because I work so much every day and have a ton of involvement at my job that doesn't pay me anywhere near what they should be (story of our lives, 'eh?), I manage our Discord server on top of five other Discord servers, and I've been learning how to work with 3D modeling software so that I can hopefully someday be able to make my own 3D models and potentially get into that as a career path. Right now I'm simply working on texturing them, but soon I'll be moving into sculpting them.

On top of all that, I set aside at least 4 hours of relaxation time every day to keep me sane, not irritable, and not grumpy (which almost always turns into 6+ once I really start relaxing). I'm also suffering from multiple compounding sleep disorders that are preventing me from getting restful sleep, which in turn is making it harder to do all of the things mentioned above. I can never sleep when I need to and I can't stop sleeping when I shouldn't be.

There are many other factors and games vying for my attention over the past few years that I've just essentially given up on many of the projects I was working on in the past, such as my DOOM / DOOM 2 mods and otherwise. This was one of the projects that got cut from my lineup, unfortunately.

What does this mean for the GameMusic section of TOC?

Now that I've been thinking about this project again it's time I take it back up and resume extracting game music. Unfortunately, due to certain circumstances I've lost literally everything I had for this project so I have to start rebuilding my libraries in order to resume extraction.

Normally this is where I'd promise x number of uploads per week/month, however I'm not going to promise anything because every time I do I break that promise and just end up being mad with myself for doing so... so this time around my uploads will resume when I feel comfortable with working on them. It may come in bursts, as a drip feed, bouncing back and forth between the two, or something else entirely. I don't know at this time and I won't promise anything so I'm not breaking any promises... the only thing I can say is that I plan to resume working on this but we'll see where the future takes me.

But what if you don't resume uploading music?

Whether I resume uploading or not, I will construct a tutorial on how to extract music in the exact way that I do so that if anyone would like to assist in the uploads of game music to TOC they can! I will put all of the instructions on how to and what will qualify to be uploaded to TOC, and maybe together we can assemble the world's largest game music collection on top of everything else TOC has to offer.

The only downside: NO NINTENDO CONTENT ALLOWED! I don't think I have to stress this with what happened, but I felt that I needed to. Again, all instructions will be included in the tut thread once created, most likely later tonight once I get home.

What now?

Well, we look to the future and hopefully we can resurrect this project and have a much higher influx than ever before. Maybe we can start extracting music for formats not supported via the method I've been using, and maybe we can build something together. Who knows.

:hi:
Kherr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Next LVL Up at : 1800
Next LVL Up at : 1800

Fav System: PC/NES/SNES/Genesis
Steam ID: DAKherr

Re: Why've you stopped uploading music Kherr?

Postby Hot Trout » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:52 pm

There is no need to commit to anything. This is not our job but just our hobby. Do what you want to when you feel like it and I will do what I can to help. Glad to hear you are going to start again.

:bow2: :cheers: :hi:
Webmaster, Admin, Amiga Fan, Retro Gamer and Collector

Click the banner to Join us on Discord
Hot Trout
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member
Next LVL Up at : 3650
Next LVL Up at : 3650

Fav System: Amiga
Steam ID: hot_trout

Return to Retro Game Music