Slow download speeds with UL

Forum Support, Website Support, User Account Support. Also includes FAQ's for Site & Forum.

Slow download speeds with UL

Postby alfie7931 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:13 am

First things first I love this site and for someone who grew up playing the Speccy and various Amigas it is pure gaming nirvana. I paid my 10 bucks for the unlimited account but I'm struggling to get any decent download speeds. I've downloaded a few CD32 and CDTV isos and the best I've managed is about 120kb/s and on average it's floated around the 60kb/s-80kb/s. Also when I set a download going the site becomes very unresponsive and a page won't load until the download has finished. When downloading from elsewhere I average about 1200kb/s. My account shows as unlimited so I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong. Any pointers greatfully received.
alfie7931
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member
Next LVL Up at : 5

Fav System: Amiga

Re: Slow download speeds with UL

Postby Hot Trout » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:42 am

Hmmm, Not sure what the issue could be. As an unlimited member you basically get whatever the maximum speed your provider will allow. The only change to this is when our servers are very busy at peek times then things will be slower than normal.

Keep an eye on your speeds over the next few days and also try different times to see if your speed improves. I know from posts that some members that are geographically close to the servers in Florida can manage 5MB+ speeds :shock: .
Webmaster, Admin, Amiga Fan, Retro Gamer and Collector

Click the banner to Join us on Discord
Hot Trout
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member
Next LVL Up at : 3650
Next LVL Up at : 3650

Steam ID: hot_trout

Postby alfie7931 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:27 pm

When I tried in the early hours I was managing to get 120kb/s or thereabouts. Been trying at different times during the day and the best I can manage now is 60-70kb/s. I've even had a couple of files stop halfway during download. Just to check I downloaded some stuff from rapidshare and the speed shot up to an average of 1200kb/s. I'm not very technical at this sort of thing and all I could think of was to change my DNS settings but I'm still only getting 120kb/s max after doing so. The frustrating thing is I can't browse the site at all if downloading something as the pages won't load. Heeeeelllllpppp :freakout:

PS
I have downloaded an old CDTV game that I have been wanting to play for years called Case of the Curious Condor which should keep me busy :) Thanks :cheers:
alfie7931
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member

Postby Kherr » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:59 am

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "UL." Does that mean "Unlimited Account" or does it stand for some sort of site ripper or download manager? If it does stand for some sort of download manager or site ripper then that is your problem. The site is specifically coded to NOT WORK with site rippers/download managers to prevent bandwidth consumption from reaching an all time high. You will have to navigate and download every rom manually... Other than this I'm unsure of any other way to help you out. Hope this does help though! :D
Kherr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Next LVL Up at : 1800
Next LVL Up at : 1800

Fav System: PC/NES/SNES/Genesis
Steam ID: DAKherr

Return to FAQ | Website, Forum & User Account Support