Multiple Rom Downloads

Please post your comments good and bad. Also make your suggestions and create or take part in a Poll.

Re: Multiple Rom Downloads

Postby BlueMaxima » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:05 am

Aww, only 5 files at a time? :(
BlueMaxima
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member
Next LVL Up at : 130

Fav System: ZX Spectrum

Postby Hot Trout » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:46 am

5 is actually quite a lot when you consider that a single download might be 700MB. Unfortunatly bandwidth costs money and there are limits even with your own dedicated server.

Maybe in the future we can have more.
Webmaster, Admin, Amiga Fan, Retro Gamer and Collector

Click the banner to Join us on Discord
Hot Trout
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member
Next LVL Up at : 3650

Fav System: Amiga
Steam ID: hot_trout

Postby BlueMaxima » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:35 am

Actually, you're probably right. Will keep my mouth shut.
BlueMaxima
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member

Fav System: ZX Spectrum

Postby punkydudester » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:05 am

This would be for unlimited users if you liked it. Have you ever considered mega-download paks for the emulators 16bit & down to Atari2600 if someone wants them all? For systems larger I know that doesn't make sense since it takes too long for the larger games even 1 at a time. You even letting 5 playstation games at 1 time is a lot. I use your roms on my Wii which have their own set of emulators. Although I like the fact you include an emulator with these for computer that doesn't help the many people that use their Wii or other devices like my friends handheld rom player instead & there are no mega-downloads for the Atari 800 & all the megapaks I've seen come with or in an emulator. I spent many days downloading 1 at a time & I haven't seen anyway to do more as an umlimited user. BTW-I now realize my computer chair sucks & will be sore for a couple of days. I know the links pay the bills that's why I thought unlimited users get the perks. I recommend this site to everyone. I know at least a few have become unlimited users. You have the most clean site, every rom is official, you have the whole set. I think the 5 in a row is a hell of a lot better than 1 & I would've been done in days rather than weeks. What if you made an optional addition to the unlimited users that enables them to download megapaks for all systems like N64 & down & it's like an additonal $10 or $15? That would be worth it to me without having to sit at my computer for days although I already have for the last year. Mabe when I start on old sega I would get to use it. What do you think?
punkydudester
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member
Next LVL Up at : 35
Next LVL Up at : 35

Fav System: Nintendo Wii

Postby Hot Trout » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:13 am

The multiple rom downloads system and a new user interface that allows users to bookmark games to download later, see their past downloads, look at their stats in terms of downloads and speeds and many other features are all planned this winter. I want users to be able to record what they do.
Webmaster, Admin, Amiga Fan, Retro Gamer and Collector

Click the banner to Join us on Discord
Hot Trout
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member

Fav System: Amiga
Steam ID: hot_trout

Previous

Return to Your Comments, Suggestions and Polls