Soundtrack

Please post your comments good and bad. Also make your suggestions and create or take part in a Poll.

Soundtrack

Postby GozmitJosh » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:42 pm

Would there be interest in having a soundtrack section as well? Add the songs from nes, snes, sega, ps1...etc..etc

I would be willing to rip and organize the nes and snes songs myself for now and submit them to HT and/or upload them someplace, i have plenty of time. And am able to format them to any available audio format which would be best. This has been a project i have wanted to do for a while just for myself.

Here is an example...

http://www.2shared.com/file/aO3olHPs/Donkey_Kong_Country_SNES_Sound.html

Donkey Kong Country for the SNES that i took the rom and ripped the songs from it and hopefully labeled them correctly :) i used Org Vorbis for the audio format as that was the format that made the smallest file size and kept the same quality of sound.
GozmitJosh
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member
Next LVL Up at : 170

Fav System: Playstation 1

Re: Soundtrack

Postby PMJPlay » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:45 pm

Dude, I think thats a great idea :P I love game music!
PMJPlay
Curator
Curator
Next LVL Up at : 1250
Next LVL Up at : 1250

Postby GozmitJosh » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:59 pm

GozmitJosh
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member

Postby Kherr » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:04 am

You guys are both aware that there IS a soundtrack section on the forums, right?

It's labled "Retro Game Music" and I currently have been the only person ripping game music for it... >.>'

With the odd help from gamfrkI and Stooby71...

Thanks for reinforcing the whole "Nobody cares about what I do" feeling. :(
Kherr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Next LVL Up at : 1800

Fav System: PC/NES/SNES/Genesis
Steam ID: DAKherr

Postby GozmitJosh » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:25 am

i did notice that forum section yesterday LOL >.>

I do have all the # and A SNES roms ripped and everything saved on my laptop. I just thought it might be a good idea to add this section to the main site for people to sift through.

:anyone:
GozmitJosh
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member

Postby Kherr » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:31 am

Question is:

Are the soundtracks for all those games in a sound format of:

MP3
-----
44,100 KHz
256 Kbps or greater
-----

Reason for this is because the forums only supports MP3 tags right now. You could link to the other formats, but MP3 are the only ones listenable in the forums themselves without having to download the track.

If HT wants to add you to the Music FTP so that you can start posting music on the forums, I'm more than happy to accept some help, but first make sure to check what's already there, and make sure before you post anything that the format is as above, no exceptions.

Oh, and in regards to having it on the main site, HT and I already had a discussion about it in private, but I've simply been waiting on him to create the section for me so I could start posting it on the main site... >.>' He's a really busy guy.
Kherr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby GozmitJosh » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:39 am

i've been doing ~192 bitrate, i can switch them all to 256 i just thought it would save a lot of bandwidth and space in the long run, faster to download, faster to upload...etc...etc

i can switch them all over to mp3 format too. Is the quality noticeable from the ones i have linked here to the ones you have done? Or did you just chose those limits because of the limits with the forums?
GozmitJosh
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member

Postby Kherr » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:52 am

Your point is true, but the reason I chose these limits is because I have an issue with sound quality, I guess you could say I'm a light audiophile and the MP3 format because it's the most commonly used, even though .ogg is a lot better in terms of filesize and the quality associated.

If you've noticed, each of the tracks I've posted is usually around 7 or so MB, which isn't that bad in all reality. I just have high audio standards and don't like listening to anything below 256 Kbps (usually 320 Kbps for my personal collection).
Kherr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby GozmitJosh » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:56 am

that's also true, i have no problem doing them in any format or quality/bitrate. I personally don't notice that much difference maybe none at all but that could just be me used to 195 quality and everything. All my file sizes have not gone over ~4mb. But i will start doing MP3 and 256 or higher bitrate if you wish.

Do you have any site i am able to upload too to that i may that you would download from? im not a member of any cloud storage sites or anything i was just uploading a few to see what people thought about it and was going to hold off on linking anything until everything here gets sorted out.
Last edited by GozmitJosh on Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
GozmitJosh
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member

Postby Kherr » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:57 am

I would definitely appreciate having them done that way, but first HT has to approve you for the boards, so for now they're fine just the way they are.

Oh, and I didn't follow any of your links because I don't trust 2shared or 4shared. I never have. No offense mind you... I just don't trust those public sharing sites like that. I don't even download music anymore because of how wary I've become of sharing sites and the like... Just makes me paranoid every time I even think about browsing them... >.>'

GozmitJosh wrote:Do you have any site i am able to upload too to that i may that you would download from? im not a member of any cloud storage sites or anything i was just uploading a few to see what people thought about it and was going to hold off on linking anything until everything here gets sorted out.

The only thing I could suggest would be dropbox... that's something I use quite heavily. I would be more than willing to add you to the folder I added gamfrkI to... but why don't we just hold off and wait to see what HT has to say about adding you to the FTP for uploading music to TOC? I think that would be the better idea. :p
Kherr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Your Comments, Suggestions and Polls