psx faulty rom

Having a problem downloading or using a ROM. Place your questions here.

psx faulty rom

Postby smokeydakush » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:52 pm

ve tried downloading both v1 and v1.1 of spyro year of the dragon and neither seem to work. when i try to unzip the files it says something along the lines of the file is corrupted. ive tried from multiple internet connection hotspots i.e my house, my girlfriends house, and mcdonalds just to see if it was a firewall of some sort, but nothing seems to work. i know nothing about programming or anything like that so if someone could make a copy that works or if someone can give me some instructions on how to get the roms already on the site to work i would be extremely grateful. this is the only game that ive tried to play that has ont worked from this site so other then that. this site is amazing!
smokeydakush
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member
Next LVL Up at : 5

Fav System: pc

Re: psx faulty rom

Postby smokeydakush » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:00 pm

just tried downloading spyro riptos rage and that will not work either the exact wording to the diagnostic message is ! C:\Users\brandon\Downloads\Spyro_2_-_Ripto's_Rage_(USA).7z: The archive is corrupt
can anyone help?
smokeydakush
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member

Fav System: pc

Postby PMJPlay » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:09 pm

HT will look into when he returns since he got access to the rom database...please also don't post the same post in different sections which can confuse the staff...thanks!
PMJPlay
Curator
Curator
Next LVL Up at : 1250
Next LVL Up at : 1250

Postby Dragon Mech » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:15 am

it's possible that the file didn't completely download. check the size of the file you downloaded and compare it to the size listed on the page you downloaded the rom from. if the size of the file you downloaded is smaller than the size listed on the page, try downloading the file again.
Site Moderator
For the Glory of the Gamer Nation!
Dragon Mech
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Next LVL Up at : 630
Next LVL Up at : 630

Fav System: Too many to list here :D

Postby Hot Trout » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:17 am

Hi,

Sorry for the delay, I only got the chance to look at this now that I am back at my work. I have checked my local mirror of all the Spyro roms for the Sony PSX and they are working. I also check the online versions and they match the local files perfectly so there can be nothing wrong with them.

I am not sure why you are unable to download these properly other than to say that you might be downloading them correctly but using a differeny version of an archive program. Try downloading and installing the latest version of 7zip and use that to expand the files. I had no problems expanding both the BIN and CUE files for all of these.

I hope this helps.
Webmaster, Admin, Amiga Fan, Retro Gamer and Collector

Click the banner to Join us on Discord
Hot Trout
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member
Next LVL Up at : 3650
Next LVL Up at : 3650

Fav System: Amiga
Steam ID: hot_trout

Return to Support with ROMs