Playstation Vita

XBox, 360, PlayStation3, Wii, PSP, DS

Playstation Vita

Postby crustyasp46 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:06 pm

psvita1-6341635.jpeg

Seven years ago Sony launched the PSP, now comes the Playstation Vita to be released February 22 to North America. $250 for WiFi only model, $300 WiFi and 3G model. Reviwers give mixed reviews.

Good features :

PS Vita 5 inch 966X 544 OLED touchscreen gives gret colour resolution from a distance and oblique angles. Vita has 220ppi on 5 inch screen.

Vita has Dualshock controls and touchscreen, also gyroscope accelometer and digital compass for added controls. Overall reviewers seem to like the controller.

There was some complaint about the touchscreen responsiveness with some games.

With the release comes a fairly decent launch of games, also available through built in PlayStation Store will be your PSP games.

Bad features :

PS Vita battery is most mentioned by reviwers, with 3G connectivity depleting battery life quickly, with some reviewers stating that it was hard to take vita seriously when the need to recharge was so frequent.

Camera and speakers are rated poorly by most reviews I have read.

Hidden costs are another main contention made by reviwers. Cost of main unit was rated within reason but the hidden costs make it too expensive, except for the fanboys of Sony.

Memory cards $20 -- 4GB to $100 -- 32GB. Cards are proprietary because of built in proprietary format.

Vita games cost $50, only $10 less than PS3 or Xbox 360 games.

Monthly plan for 3G system users.

The consensus of most reviews I have read seems to be the hidden costs make the system hard to justify.

What is your opinion?
crustyasp46
He's Everyones Daddy
He's Everyones Daddy
Next LVL Up at : 1750
Next LVL Up at : 1750

Re: Playstation Vita

Postby PMJPlay » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:08 pm

I loved the PSP but I think this handheld won't do so well with all the other gadgets out there :P
I dont think it looks good gaming wise for Sony in general :(
PMJPlay
Curator
Curator
Next LVL Up at : 1250
Next LVL Up at : 1250

Re: Playstation Vita

Postby Kherr » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:05 am

It's almost like Sony is trying to ride off of the Playstation name alone and not actually develop a good console like the PSX (and PS1) and PS2 systems were. Used to be you got Sony because of the effort behind their products (hardware and quality too) but now it's almost like you have to stay away from sony...

I don't like the PSVita because of it's joysticks. They stick out like thumbs and make the system almost annoying to carry around because you can't stick it in your pocket because of that... I like my 3DS... goes in my pocket and that's where it stays. :3
Kherr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Next LVL Up at : 1800
Next LVL Up at : 1800

Fav System: PC/NES/SNES/Genesis
Steam ID: DAKherr

Return to Modern Consoles