Magicka

The latest new releases reviewed.

Magicka

Postby Rhodderz » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:37 pm

what do you get when you put the humour from Castle crashers, and the a quite new type of gameplay together?
well you get Magicka.
the idea of the game is you go along as a wizard saving the world instructed by Vlad (Who is not by any meens what so ever a vampire.......or as he says). But it isnt that simple, you may think "OOOOOOO WHOOPIE i got all the spells at the start, oh this is going to be boring" well it isnt as you use these "Primary" or "Element" spells combined to make other spells. The big catch is, you have to remember them. yes you can use the scroll wheel to view the combinations you have found in totally random book, how are you going to get the time when you have a bloody big orc thing with a cannon firing at you, a bunch of pain in the bloody arse archers and about 10 or so other enemys trying to rip you appart? yes you could just spam helaing and hope that the stupid giant orc thing and his cannon will take them out, BUT this game is clever, they move (trust me i tried). This game also does get frustrating as you can be pinned down by archers and not move as you always fall OVER as if before going to save the world you got drunk at the party earlier on at the begining of the game. or get knocked of the map. But there are also TONNES of jokes through the whole game taking the totall piss out of famous films like 300, where at the begining you see the king, one of his men and a BIG BOTTOMLESS HOLE. where the conversation goes about as
Soldier: "attacking them at the front is suicidal, Madness"
King: "MADNESS?!?! well actually your right it is a bit of madness, we'll send the wizards in"
and at this point the king dissapears and your free to walk up top the soldier and, yeah you guess. push him into the great big hole to earn the achievment "this is MAGICKA" overall this game is worth the £7 as it also has Co-op (be warned, there is friendly fire :P )
so in a nutshell
Its a buy :thumbup:
and if you dont mind me im going to clean up this blood as my fingers are now bleeding!!!!!
Case: Antec Dark Fleet DF-85 Case
Board: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R v2
CPU: i7 950 3.20GHz HyperThreaded (safley 3.90GHz)
RAM: Corsair XMS3 2GB x 6 =12GB (DDR3 1600)
Network: Bigfoot 2100
PSU: Thermaltake TR2-420W
Graphics Card: GTX 460
HDD's:
HDD1: OS/Programs 300GB
HDD2: Games/Downloads 2TB
Disc Drive: LG DVD+-RW LS Dual-Layer
Keyboard: logitech G19
Mouse: Microsoft Sidewinder X8
Rhodderz
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member