The site's stats widget thing...

Please post your comments good and bad. Also make your suggestions and create or take part in a Poll.

The site's stats widget thing...

Postby Kherr » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:57 am

I've noticed that the site stats widget that counts how big our database is, how many roms we have, how many downloads in the last week, etc etc etc does NOT update often enough. I KNOW that we have more than ALL of it's stats. Is there a way to make this a real-time box (or at least daily/weekly) instead of just manually updated whenever...? I usually use it's information to tell everyone I tell about the site as to why they should join, if they're interested that is. If it's not accurate, then I'm not giving out accurate information... which is a major drag. We really should make it auto-update daily, or at least weekly. That would be nice. Plus I'm always curious to see what our numbers have gone up to, only to find out that the stats widget/box hasn't updated in a month or two... :crazy:
Kherr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Next LVL Up at : 1800
Next LVL Up at : 1800

Fav System: PC/NES/SNES/Genesis
Steam ID: DAKherr

Re: The site's stats widget thing...

Postby Hot Trout » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:38 pm

It has to be a manual update due to the load it places on the server (counting every rom :o ). I run it approx every month or so. The downloads counter is run separately because it puts even more load on the server and can only be done when things are quiet .. which is never these days :roll:
Webmaster, Admin, Amiga Fan, Retro Gamer and Collector

Click the banner to Join us on Discord
Hot Trout
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member
Next LVL Up at : 3650
Next LVL Up at : 3650

Fav System: Amiga
Steam ID: hot_trout

Return to Your Comments, Suggestions and Polls