Sinclair spectrum emulator

Having a problem downloading or using an Emulator. Not sure which Emulator to use. Post your questions here.

Sinclair spectrum emulator

Postby philjames10 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:10 pm

Hi,

A bit of a computer novice here with things like this..

My main issues concern saving and loading an old game and if this is actually possible.

I am playing a game called on the bench on a sinclair spectrum emulator, all downloaded off the site. I played the game last night and then saved the game (i think). Basically on the main screen it says to press a number to save. On the actual spectrum i would have put my blank tape in at this point to save it. I continued to save it as would have happened with an actual spectrum. I haven't a clue what i saved it to or if indeed it did save, but i wondered if it would be in my files somewhere?

With this game on the actual spectrum you load the main game and then it gets to a point where it asks you to stop the tape. At this point it asks whether you want to load an old game. If you press yes it asks to start the tape of the saved game. If you press no you can continue with loading the main game, after filling in some details. It is at the point where i press yes to load a saved game that i get stuck and i haven't a clue what i need to do. I wondered how you are able to play your saved game from this point? I also wondered if you can even load saved games on an emulator?

My last question relates to games crashing. I was playing the above game earlier. I got to a point during the game, where it said press any key to continue. I tried pressing keys but nothing happened and i presume the game had crashed. Is this a common problem with emulators?

Hope the above makes sense, i appreciate it may not! Any help greatly appreciated!
philjames10
Next LVL Up at : 5
Next LVL Up at : 5

Fav System: Amstrad

Return to Support with Emulators