Donkey Kong Country graphics

Having a problem downloading or using an Emulator. Not sure which Emulator to use. Post your questions here.

Donkey Kong Country graphics

Postby Joso1000 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:12 pm

Ok so i have downloaded the emulator and the rom it self, but when i run the game the graphics is all pixelish lol, how do i get it to be "better"? Whatever filter or resolution i choose from the emulator video options menu, the graphics doesnt change. Help.

Moved to appropriate topic, maybe faster response to problem :)
Joso1000
Next LVL Up at : 5
Next LVL Up at : 5

Fav System: PC

Re: Donkey Kong Country graphics

Postby SE7EN » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:45 pm

alright, when you change filters you should see a noticeable difference. There may be an option in your emulator to 'allow filters' that you should check for to make sure is ticked. Your system is going to be a small factor in how well you can make this game look. Assuming you have a new-ish monitor, you are stretching a very small resolution to a 1080p or higher resolution, so there is only so much you can do to make it look less pixelated. You are usually also going from a native 5:4 ratio to a 16:9 aspect, which means further stretching. Depending on your graphics card, there may be an option (like in Nvidia control panel) to force anti-aliasing upon the program, which may make the edges look better. Also, applying a lot of filters can make the picture look even worse than no filters, giving everything a liquidy look, or very dark outlined edges on everything. I would try starting at a low resolution, and slowly raising it til it doesn't look terrible, then finding a filter or 2 to touch it up a bit. You may also consider playing in the default ratio of 5:4 with letterbox sides for a little bit of a crisper look.
If you need further help, please provide some details, such as system specs, monitor size and aspect ratio, along with the emulator you are using. Hope this helped some.
SE7EN
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Next LVL Up at : 230
Next LVL Up at : 230

Fav System: Nintendo 64

Return to Support with Emulators