PS1 Emulation help

Having a problem downloading or using an Emulator. Not sure which Emulator to use. Post your questions here.

PS1 Emulation help

Postby darren77 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:48 pm

Hello: I have a question regarding PS1 emulation. I have a couple PS1 games (not ROMs but the actual discs) that I want to use on my PC. My question is do I just need to download an emulator and then choose cd-rom from the file menu and they'll work? Or what exactly do I need to do?

Sounds stupid, but I tried the epsxe emulator and it didn't work. Any help would be really appreciated!!

(I'm using windows7)
darren77
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member
Next LVL Up at : 15

Fav System: NES

Re: PS1 Emulation help

Postby SE7EN » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:27 am

well... I have not used an actual cd, so I am not sure how well it works, but you may try an iso of the same game and see if it works better for you, and help with the troubleshooting steps. Past that, you may want to try a different cd-rom plugin. Go to 'config' then 'cdrom' and choose one, then configure it to either your cd drive you're using for this, or 1st cd rom if only one drive. You should be able to just load a cd, click file, then run cd-rom. I assume you have the proper BIOS files. If not, a quick google search would be your friend, I won't say more than that as I don't know HT's policy on this subject, but a lot of emulations sites do not allow members to link out bios and such.
Anyways, 'but I tried the epsxe emulator and it didn't work.' can you be more specific as to what happened?
SE7EN
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Next LVL Up at : 230

Fav System: Nintendo 64

Postby Kherr » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:53 am

I've been using ePSXe 1.6.0 and 1.7.0 and they both work perfectly for playing from CD-ROM. I'd suggest trying 1.8.0 because 1.7.0 couldn't disc switch. Just load the emulator, and then place the game disc in your primary disc drive (if you have more than one disc drive) and then pick load CD-ROM from the file menu and you should be all set. Works perfectly for me. :hi:
Kherr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Next LVL Up at : 1800
Next LVL Up at : 1800

Fav System: PC/NES/SNES/Genesis
Steam ID: DAKherr

Postby darren77 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:49 pm

Thanks a lot for your replies, much appreciated.

What I meant by the ePSXe didn't work was that the emulator (which seems to be correctly installed) wouldn't recognize the disc and I couldn't maximize ePSXe, I got the main blue screen and the file and other drop down windows worked but that's it.
darren77
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member

Fav System: NES

Postby SE7EN » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:12 pm

Alright. Have you done the things above that have been suggested? Have you also checked to make sure that your graphics plugin is correct and that your DirectX is up to date? If still having issues, please let us know which version(s) of EPSXE you are using.
SE7EN
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Fav System: Nintendo 64

Return to Support with Emulators