WiiRemotePlus in MAME as lightgun. need some help.

Having a problem downloading or using an Emulator. Not sure which Emulator to use. Post your questions here.

WiiRemotePlus in MAME as lightgun. need some help.

Postby SE7EN » Mon May 14, 2012 4:36 pm

alright, so in MAME you can setup a regular Wiimote to use as a lightgun fairly simple, but if you have one of the newer style (motion plus inside) then GlovePie is unable to track movements and only sees button presses. Also, for any of this to work, you must use an earlier version of MAME (pre .117 from what I can tell) as the newer ones only allow rawinput, and glovepie/other methods require directinput.

alright, so now here is what I have done.
1. got my bluetooth to to list the wiimote as a device.
2. using Dolphin 3.0 (wii emulator) I have fully paired my wii mote to my computer. this is necessary as it will show up in devices without it, the wiimote will keep flashing and not stay on until paired in dolphin or another program.
3. use the program "WiiCursor" to have the wiimote emulate my mouse
4. used a sensor bar to make my movements accurate.

Now my WiiMotionPlus is point and click on the desktop and my mouse does nothing. Now when I load up MAME, several versions tried, the wiimote does nothing. I simply cannot get it to keep the mouse meulation from the desktop into MAME. i have tried several options in MAME itself, choosing lightgun as: mouse, keyboard, joystick, lightgun. none of them work. :headbang:

if someone could help me out in this last final step, I would greatly appreciate it.
Last edited by SE7EN on Mon May 14, 2012 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SE7EN
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Next LVL Up at : 230

Fav System: Nintendo 64

Re: WiiRemotePlus in MAME as lightgun. need some help.

Postby Hot Trout » Mon May 14, 2012 5:38 pm

I am not up to speed enough to help but maybe some of the other guys could help shed some light on this for you.
Webmaster, Admin, Amiga Fan, Retro Gamer and Collector

Click the banner to Join us on Discord
Hot Trout
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member
Next LVL Up at : 3650
Next LVL Up at : 3650

Fav System: Amiga
Steam ID: hot_trout

Re: WiiRemotePlus in MAME as lightgun. need some help.

Postby SE7EN » Mon May 14, 2012 10:53 pm

thanks for the reply. quick update: I have tried another program "WiiMouse" as well since it seems to have more options than the "wiiCursor" does.. but still same issues (works as mouse on desktop, does not work as mouse in mame). I have also expanded my trials to include fullscreen/windowed modes, but with same results. also I forgot to mention earlier, the wiimote works as wiimote in the newer versions of Dolphin (recognized as Motion Plus, and fully functional nunchuk useage).
SE7EN
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Fav System: Nintendo 64

Return to Support with Emulators