Watch this video

8Bit, 16bit, Atari, Commodore, Apple, Spectrum, Acorn, TSR. All now defunked computer systems.

Watch this video

Postby RRicci » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:23 pm

Please add comments below. I think you all will like this.
RRicci
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member
Next LVL Up at : 60

Re: Watch this video

Postby crustyasp46 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:51 am

Kids today don't know what they missed, a pity, but my grand kids love the retro stuff, so there may still be hope for the new generation. :goodpost:
crustyasp46
He's Everyones Daddy
He's Everyones Daddy
Next LVL Up at : 1750
Next LVL Up at : 1750

Postby RRicci » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:35 am

crustyasp46 wrote:Kids today don't know what they missed, a pity, but my grand kids love the retro stuff, so there may still be hope for the new generation. :goodpost:

With that find of yours, they HAVE to learn how to use it! Yes, I'm still jealous. Crusty, if I PROMISE to play nice with your other grand kids, can I be one?
RRicci
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member

Postby Hot Trout » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:58 am

Superb video, thanks for posting that. It is quite scary how little the kids knew. Also did you notice the sense of achievement when they got a disk to load. I find that my own kids just take tech for granted and don't benefit from the feeling of 'I made that work' which we had a kids with the first computers.

:thankyou:
Webmaster, Admin, Amiga Fan, Retro Gamer and Collector

Click the banner to Join us on Discord
Hot Trout
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member
Next LVL Up at : 3650
Next LVL Up at : 3650

Fav System: Amiga
Steam ID: hot_trout

Postby Scott Running Bear » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:06 pm

That was funny! Today's kids just don't know how much fun these old dinosaurs can be. I have seven IIe's ranging from the early 'Revision A' model of 1982-83, some 'Revision B' 2064 models pre and post enhancement and two 2128's of 'Revision B' and the late 'Revision A' model. I have a blast with them. I also have a Canadian made Microcom Apple II+ clone. I like it because it has a built-in numeric keypad. My next acquisition will be either an Apple IIc or a Vtech Laser 128. Some years ago my nephew, he was twelve then, thirty-one now, wanted to play a text adventure game I had written. It had and still has the somewhat exciting title of 'Hell House', like 'Mystery House' on super steroids. It makes 'Moonmist' and 'Zork' look like a walk in the park. It was written on a II+ I had picked up cheap. I never marketed it because it's virtually unwinnable. A player can win but the chances are remote. I can't win it and I wrote the darn thing albeit many years ago. Anyway, he wanted to take a crack at it. He had never used my computer before. It was an early 'Revision B' IIe from 1983 and I still have it. So I put the disk in one of the drives for him and told him to punch it up. So he typed in the game title and presses 'RETURN'. ?SYNTAX ERROR. The neighbors heard that 'WHAT!!' over the noise of their stereos. I had to show him how to get the program started. Simply type in 'RUN HELL HOUSE,S6,D2'. I had several drives connected to two cards. You know what? He thought that was too much work. Today he's trying to deal with the aggravation that Windows 8 is giving him and he thinks it's too much work also. The more things change the more they stay the same.
Scott Running Bear
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member
Next LVL Up at : 15
Next LVL Up at : 15

Fav System: Apple IIe

Postby PMJPlay » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:46 am

I feel very old :(
PMJPlay
Curator
Curator