Armiga really worth it?

8Bit, 16bit, Atari, Commodore, Apple, Spectrum, Acorn, TSR. All now defunked computer systems.

Armiga really worth it?

Postby RoboCop » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:57 am

I have some intriguing questions based on the experimental Armiga device:-

>> Will this Armiga at such quite high price work for ECS/OCS games well despite your actual Amiga Floppies that can hold the indefinite data?
>> Do you live in a hot humid climate that will cause more concern for your floppy data to expire and deteriorate more faster than being in a cold climate to freeze your data from vanishing?
>> Do you have some floppies that cannot be found in emulator sites that contain the rare Cracked advertisements that contain the cheats that you wanted for so many years -- or is for you to salvage your favourite Sensible Soccer highlights and to save all that effort you did in Frontier Elite II?
>> And do you have that rare .adf file that is waiting inside that actual floppy to be rescued and immortalised to be added to TOSEC?

Well I guess the time is now to investigate if you DO have that rare Amiga data that wasn't backed up and uploaded to the Emulator webs. Because personally I hope this Armiga will work and not fail like the RetroN 5 as the cartridge slots don't easily uncouple the ROM carts and not all games work.

Best of luck if you do buy this device and hope it doesn't fail on you!
RoboCop
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member
Next LVL Up at : 60
Next LVL Up at : 60

Fav System: Amiga + ZX Spectrum

Return to Retro Computing