The Good - The Bad - The Ugly

This is the general discussion forum. Please check that your topic would not be better suited to another forum before posting in here. MOD's will move any incorrectly placed topic.

The Good - The Bad - The Ugly

Postby Polemicist » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:24 am

Gudday from Down Under,

Impressed by this site. Love the fact that I got a few missing roms over the years from here to complete a few sets I had so I upgraded to Unlimited to say thanks as I finally got the money to build my arcade machine.

The Good. I completed some sets. The Bad. I can't use this site to download a set. That leads into the Ugly... Example. If I wanted to download lets say Commodore 64... Currently my XML file on the frontend I use says there are 8236 games. To download those games here I would have to click on each file and then click on the Download button then click Back so that is like 25,000 clicks. And I don't really see a way around that? Well not without using something like HTTrack and I have my doubts that would work or setting up a AutoIT script :headbang: Currently I have a 10TB HDD almost filled from the many years of archiving I have already done. To complete my archive I'll need another 20TB of space and shuffling stuff off my other external drives. I can understand and appreciate why this site would not do this as paying for that much space would be insanely expensive and it isn't possible to compete with Torrent tracker sites like the ones I use as the HDD Space isn't on the sites servers it is on peoples HDD's around the world.

Overall sites like this are worth keeping. I love the history of gaming and sharing that with my kids is the reason I do this so thanks for having the site here. :cheers:
Polemicist
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member
Next LVL Up at : 5
Next LVL Up at : 5

Fav System: MAME

Re: The Good - The Bad - The Ugly

Postby Hot Trout » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:36 pm

Welcome and thank you. Use the single-download-mega-packs to get complete collections of games.
Webmaster, Admin, Amiga Fan, Retro Gamer and Collector

Click the banner to Join us on Discord
Hot Trout
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member
Next LVL Up at : 3650
Next LVL Up at : 3650

Fav System: Amiga
Steam ID: hot_trout

Return to General Discussion