2013 Website Roundup

The latest website news and update info.

2013 Website Roundup

Postby Hot Trout » Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:38 pm

Well I thought I had better update the main news feed before 2013 came to an end. So here it is the one and only post for the year 2013 :shifty: The real news is that during 2013, so much was added to this site and so much happened that the news would not have coped anyway. Here is a quick summary of 2013 here at theoldcomputer.com :-

[color=#00FF00]Total members passed 110,000 :shock:
Total ROM database size passed 2223GB
Total ROMs offered is now over 418,000
Total Systems with roms is now more than 500 :o

As if that is not enough we opened our Emulator section in Jan 2013 and it is now the largest single collection of Emulators anywhere, it also includes back catalogs of MAME, MESS, MAMEUI etc.

In July we removed ALL adverts, advertising, votes and other crap from the site much to the appreciation of our members and as a result things got faster and our members got happier. In fact many mobile users said the site became super fast.

During the year there were many ROM and EMULATOR updates. We got a new Curator for the Emulators section (Alzabo) and as a result our Emulators section really gathered speed. I had to work extra time to keep up in the ROMs section.

We had planned to update our server again to 5TB but this has been postponed until early 2014. Stay tuned for this as when the server is upgraded it will be very significant. We have also been working on an entirely new look and feel for the website, the roll out of this is planned for mid to late 2014. Before this roll out we will be adding some exciting new sections. Theoldcomputer.com will become the official home of GAMEBASE with a new section dedicated to the gamebase collections.

We will also be opening our Magazine section and as with everything else we do, when we open this it will be the largest collection anywhere, a lot of my time in 2013 was spent collecting and collating this resource. Currently we have over 150 different old computer and console mags and there should be a lot more before release.

Thanks is for now folks, before I go I want to say a big hello and thanks to the following members for their support and help :-

Crustyasp46
Thank you for all your help and support with sourcing retro content and keeping the forums free from spam.

Kherr
Thank you for your friendship and hard work through the forums, keep your ban hammer ready and your words of wisdom frequent.

Alzabo (formally PMJP)
Quite simply, our Emulators section is the best because of your constant hard work. I thank you for your help and support in 2013 and look forward to it in 2014.

Dragon Mech
Thanks for always being around and helping other new members, I look forward to your input in 2014.

Se7en
Thanks for your feedback and moderation in the forums and for being one of the first to always answer members questions.

In general thanks to everyone who contributed, helped, discussed and played the many different systems we have here. 2013 was a great year and 2014 will be better. With that I would like to wish everyone a very happy 2014.

Hot Trout
:thumbup:

Remember to follow these news feeds for daily changes:-

For up to date news on ROMs updates please following this news forum
ROM Update & Changes NEWS

For up to date news on ROMs updates please following this news forum
EMULATOR Update & Changes NEWS
Webmaster, Admin, Amiga Fan, Retro Gamer and Collector

Click the banner to Join us on Discord
Hot Trout
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member
Next LVL Up at : 3650

Fav System: Amiga
Steam ID: hot_trout

Re: 2013 Website Roundup

Postby crustyasp46 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:06 pm

The biggest pat on the back for 2013 should go to you, for creating this great site, I am sure all members will give you a tip of their hat in thanks. Man does time fly, unbelievable what was accomplished here over the past year. :hi:

I would like to also thank those members who stick with us day after day and contribute so much. And also thank those members who step forward and offer their wisdom when someone needs help. Thanks to all who make this site what it is.

Happy New Year!
crustyasp46
He's Everyones Daddy
He's Everyones Daddy
Next LVL Up at : 1750
Next LVL Up at : 1750

Postby PMJPlay » Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:20 am

All I can say is thanks for making me a part of this wonderful experience, HT! You been like the brother I never had and I will always be behind you and the website 100%! I also want to thank Kherr, Crusty, Dragon Mech, SE7EN and te_lanus for making me feel welcomed and helping me out when I needed it. Lastly, I like to thank all our members out there for giving me the strength to continue to provide you guys with latest emulators and help.
Thanks and Happy New Year Everyone!
PMJPlay
Curator
Curator
Next LVL Up at : 1250
Next LVL Up at : 1250

Postby silent sniper » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:27 pm

hello guys and girls

as some of you notice i became less active around here,the reason for that is that i joined a few other places and joined some projects at those said places.

i do try to check things here now and then,the internet is pack full of rom sites but do believe me when i say that the old computer is a treasure to the retro gamers.

i currently collecting some huge sets (TBs) of systems and thus my bandwidth and time go there.

i really love old magazines,i used to buy gamepro,egm,psm and etc when i was a teen so I'm glad ht decided to add magazines section in 2014.

im all up for video games preservation.

have some gems i can contribute to ht as well.. ;)

happy new year to all the members of the old computer
silent sniper
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member
Next LVL Up at : 150

Fav System: sony playstation

Postby Hot Trout » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:41 pm

Good to hear from you again silent. Let me know what mags you might be able to add and I will greatly accept them. I am also interested to know what sets of roms you are collecting that are TB in size.

Talk soon.
Webmaster, Admin, Amiga Fan, Retro Gamer and Collector

Click the banner to Join us on Discord
Hot Trout
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member

Fav System: Amiga
Steam ID: hot_trout

Postby silent sniper » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:53 pm

right now in magzines,i can help with nintendo power.

as for sets i collect:

gamecube redump ntsc set,600+GB

sony psx redump 450+GB

tosec dreamcast ntsc set 160+GB

tosec pix 200+GB

some other systems as well.
silent sniper
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member

Fav System: sony playstation