NIVIDIA Geforce2 MX 400 drivers for Win7 needed

PC and MAC news and discussions.

NIVIDIA Geforce2 MX 400 drivers for Win7 needed

Postby Dragon Mech » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:02 am

yesterday i got a 2nd hand computer that has Windows 7 Ultimate on it and a Nvidia geforce2 mx 400 video card. but the drivers that are needed for the videocard are not installed. the card is currently running with the driver "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter" and i can't use any programs that require graphics acceleration. that means no games except for upto 16-bit console emulators. so could anyone tell me where i can get the needed drivers. i've already looked at the nvidia web site and they don't even list it in there legacy section.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
update 10/06/2012 6:04 AM

i did some research on the Nvidia Geforce2 MX 400 video card on Wikipedia and it turns out that that Windows XP was the last OS that supported this video card. you can get the last driver updates at Cnet.com
Site Moderator
For the Glory of the Gamer Nation!
Dragon Mech
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Next LVL Up at : 630
Next LVL Up at : 630

Fav System: Too many to list here :D

Re: NIVIDIA Geforce2 MX 400 drivers for Win7 needed

Postby SE7EN » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:06 pm

from what i can get from searches, you can sue forceware below 8X.XX and it will accept windows 7 drivers, however effects such as aero will not work.
SE7EN
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Next LVL Up at : 230
Next LVL Up at : 230

Fav System: Nintendo 64

Return to Modern Computing