Dragon Mech's Wads For Skulltag/Zandronum

PC and MAC news and discussions.

Re: Dragon Mech's Weapons For Skulltag/Zandronum

Postby Dragon Mech » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:50 am

i've run into a bit of a problem with my wad file, so i will not be releasing a prerelease copy the readme file. and i may not be able to add friendly monsters either as i have to start the wad from scratch again. i'll keep you all updated on the progress.
Site Moderator
For the Glory of the Gamer Nation!
Dragon Mech
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Next LVL Up at : 630

Fav System: Too many to list here :D

Postby Dragon Mech » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:09 pm

i'm still having issues with skulltag and zandronum randomly freezing when i play with my Wad file. i'm not sure if my PC is too slow or if there is something wrong with the WAD. Kherr, i would like your help with this since you know more about this stuff. just tell me what you need and i'll try to get it to you
Site Moderator
Dragon Mech
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby PMJPlay » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:30 am

Awesome work bro!
PMJPlay
Curator
Curator
Next LVL Up at : 1250
Next LVL Up at : 1250

Postby Kherr » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:04 am

Dragon Mech wrote:i'm still having issues with skulltag and zandronum randomly freezing when i play with my Wad file. i'm not sure if my PC is too slow or if there is something wrong with the WAD. Kherr, i would like your help with this since you know more about this stuff. just tell me what you need and i'll try to get it to you

What exactly do you need assistance with? Glad to help with anything. :hi:
Kherr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Next LVL Up at : 1800

Fav System: PC/NES/SNES/Genesis
Steam ID: DAKherr

Postby Dragon Mech » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:53 pm

i need to find out if it is my wad file that is causing zandronum/skulltag to freeze randomly or if my computer is too slow. there isn't a set parameter that makes the game freeze. i've had it freeze when i was doing deathmatches with bot players, in normal games (single player doom) and on other map wads as well. it doesn't matter what is going on either, it can happen when i'm using any weapon and it dosent matter if i have any friendly monsters spawned. some times it dosen't happen at all. any help would be greatly welcomed.
Site Moderator
Dragon Mech
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Kherr » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:34 pm

I sat and played with your weapons mod on both chillax v5.0 and cchest4 for around 2 hours on 16x Anistropic filtering and 4x rendering passes and hi-res textures and in 1080p and I had absolutely no issues. I have video files of two levels I played on and there wasn't a single issue on my end. However, I only have v2.

Your BFG needs tweaked so that it doesn't kill the player (you can give it it's own damagetype and then make the damagefactor 0 for the damagetype specified to the BFG in the player class so that they take no damage from the gun since I was killed by the BFG even in godmode which means it hit me for over 10k damage in a single hit which is beyond what godmode covers you for).

Your Plasma Rifle also needs tweaked to not be so fucking OP because even in chillax it was laying waste in rooms. Also it needs to only consume 1 ammo per shot instead of 2 since there is only one projectile leaving the gun. Personal opinion on the ammo consumption though.

Overall the mod is actually really well done. Congrats. :3
Kherr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fav System: PC/NES/SNES/Genesis
Steam ID: DAKherr

Postby Dragon Mech » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:02 pm

thanks Kherr, i'll send you PM tommarow with a url where you can download a copy of the beta version of version 3.0.
thanks for pointing out that the plasmagun was using 2 rounds, i'll have that fixed in the copy that you'll be getting. one of the reasons the plasmagun is so powerful is that i added the "+ripper" string to the projectile. so it does more damage plus i got tired of the doom plasmarifle. i don't have any plans to remove the ripper string but i may lower the power of the projectile in the final public version. the Big F***ing Gun isn't for close ranges (i even stated this in the readme). it's made to be a weapon of mass destruction. as it flys downrange, it shoots out smaller plasmaballs. these are ment to clear the room and damage any big monsters. the projectiles themselves can't hurt you. it's the explosions of the projectiles that damages the player. personaly, i only use it in desperate situations.like places where there are tons of monsters. the Big F***ing Gun is ment to be a challenge to use. the over powered explosion of the main projectile has two perposes. 1: it frags or damages any monsters in it's blast radius. 2: it prevents players from abusing the power of the weapon by cheating and using god mode and infinite ammo. i think i have V3.0 setup like i want it now but, i welcome any coments that you may have Kherr. i also invite you to use XWE to look at the decorate file. Happy fragging :)
Site Moderator
Dragon Mech
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Dragon Mech » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:01 am

i'm sorry i've been so quiet the last few weeks about my weapons mod but i've been tracking down bugs and making adjustments to weapons and monsters, i think i have fixed all of the bugs including the one that was causing skulltag and zandronum to freeze. Kherr has tried to use my wad file and said that he he was getting a bunch of error messages. so untell Kherr and i can fix any errors that may still exist, i don't know when i'll be able to release this version of my weapons WAD. but when i do, it WILL have the ally monsters and i WILL make a version that is merged with the MEGA-BLOOD wad file. so i'm asking all of you to please wait a little longer because i want this to be an epic collection of weapons that will make hell shit it self. :twisted:
Site Moderator
Dragon Mech
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Dragon Mech » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:41 pm

i'm still trying to balance the power of my weapons. some of them are so over powered that is just no fun to use them. i have increased the amount of friendly monsters to about 30 and i am going to make some of them drop random items like ammo or health. i really don't know when i'll be able to release this last version of my weapons mod but i'm going to get it out to you all as soon as it it done.
Site Moderator
Dragon Mech
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Dragon Mech » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:33 pm

hello TOC.
i'm almost done tweaking my wad file. still finding a bug or two *SLAM* (blasted cockroach) but i just fixed the last one so it should be to long now. as soon as Kherr tries it and offers his opinion, i'll work on the read me and credits files and get evrything together and post a download url to this topic so everyone can get a copy.
Site Moderator
Dragon Mech
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Modern Computing