Dragon Mech's Wads For Skulltag/Zandronum

PC and MAC news and discussions.

Dragon Mech's Wads For Skulltag/Zandronum

Postby Dragon Mech » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:35 pm

Hi everyone!

for the past several months i've been learning how to script weapons for Skulltag and Zandronum and i decided to share what i've learned with everyone in our community. my WAD file adds 10 extra weapons to already existing doom arsenal without replacing anything except the chainsaw. how you ask? i replaced the doom chainsaw with a supply box that contains all of the new weapons and the doom chainsaw.

Screenshot_Doom_20121107_082645.jpg

here we have the doom chainsaw in doom 2,map01.

Screenshot_Doom_20121107_082556.jpg

and here is the supply box that replaces the chainsaw.

the supply box contains 9 out of the 10 new weapons. the tenth weapon is hidden in one of the rare doom items.for now, the supply box is the only way to get the new weapons but i' am working on version 2 of this wad that fixes this issue. here is a list of the weapons that you will be getting with this WAD.
Handgrenade
.50 cal Desert Eagle
Marine Shotgun
FN P90
308 SniperRifle
Seeker Rocketlauncher
Plasmagun
The Big F***ing Gun
Rail Cannon
Dragon Mech's Machinegun (this is the hidden weapon, you go berserk when you find it :D )
i have included a readme RTF file that goes into more detail about the weapons and other stuff.
this WAD file is compatible with both Skulltag 98d and Zandronum 1.0. if you play this with Zandronum, you will not need to load "skulltag_actors.pk3" or "skulltag_data.pk3".
i'm hoping that everyone who tries this WAD file likes it.

Notice:

This version of my weapons mod is no longer avalible for download. please go to page 4 of this topic to find the download url for the latest version.
Last edited by Dragon Mech on Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:40 am, edited 4 times in total.
Site Moderator
For the Glory of the Gamer Nation!
Dragon Mech
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Next LVL Up at : 630

Fav System: Too many to list here :D

Re: Dragon Mech's Weapons For Skulltag/Zandronum

Postby Hot Trout » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:33 am

Excellent work :clap: , I will have to give this a try real soon. Thanks for the great post and cool download.
Webmaster, Admin, Amiga Fan, Retro Gamer and Collector

Click the banner to Join us on Discord
Hot Trout
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member
Next LVL Up at : 3650

Fav System: Amiga
Steam ID: hot_trout

Postby Dragon Mech » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:30 am

thanks HT, i'm already working on version 2.0 of this wad that will hopefully address most of the issuess in this version. but i would still like to hear everyones comments about this version. i'm hoping to have v2.0 ready within the next few weeks.
Site Moderator
Dragon Mech
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Kherr » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:29 pm

If you want to see how to replace the weapons with yours so that you can pick them up as if they were intended to actually be in the game, just take my "EffinDOOM" and use eXtendable Wad Editor (XWE) DOWNLOAD XWE and open it with that. Look at the DECORATE file to see how to get the weapons replaced.
Kherr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Next LVL Up at : 1800

Fav System: PC/NES/SNES/Genesis
Steam ID: DAKherr

Postby Dragon Mech » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:01 pm

thanks for the advice Kherr, but i've been useing XWE for a few months now and i figured out how to allow the new weapons to be collected along with the normal doom weapons. thats the whole perpose of this mod. to add weapons ,not replace them. v2.0 will be released this week, fixing a bunch of mistakes that i made in v1.0.
Site Moderator
Dragon Mech
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Kherr » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:13 pm

Oh, I didn't know you wanted to make the DOOM Marine (John) more bloated than he already was. :lol: Kidding.

You can also use my mod's DECORATE file to see how to get your new weapons to drop when you kill certain monsters by looking at the monsters in my DECORATE. DropItem "<item>" and a number up to 255 that decides how often an item will drop from said monster, where 255 is always and 0 is never (same as not putting it in there in the first place). Just place your gun in the "<item>" place. So, if you named your gun SuperDestroyer then you'd have the line like this:

DropItem "SuperDestroyer" 255

This would make whichever monster you add this line to drop your SuperDestroyer gun every time you kill one. If you want it to have a 50/50 chance, then the number would be 128 instead of 255. 25% chance means 64 instead of 255... etc etc etc.

Code: Select all
ACTOR ZombieMan 3004
{
  Game Doom
  SpawnID 4
  Health 20
  Radius 20
  Height 56
  Speed 8
  PainChance 200
  Monster
  +FLOORCLIP
  SeeSound "grunt/sight"
  AttackSound "grunt/attack"
  PainSound "grunt/pain"
  DeathSound "grunt/death"
  ActiveSound "grunt/active"
  Obituary "$OB_ZOMBIE" // "%o was killed by a zombieman."
  DropItem "Clip"
  States
  {
  Spawn:
    POSS AB 10 A_Look
    Loop
  See:
    POSS AABBCCDD 4 A_Chase
    Loop
  Missile:
    POSS E 10 A_FaceTarget
    POSS F 8 A_PosAttack
    POSS E 8
    Goto See
  Pain:
    POSS G 3
    POSS G 3 A_Pain
    Goto See
  Death:
    POSS H 5
    POSS I 5 A_Scream
    POSS J 5 A_NoBlocking
    POSS K 5
    POSS L -1
    Stop
  XDeath:
    POSS M 5
    POSS N 5 A_XScream
    POSS O 5 A_NoBlocking
    POSS PQRST 5
    POSS U -1
    Stop
  Raise:
    POSS K 5
    POSS JIH 5
    Goto See
  }
}
Kherr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fav System: PC/NES/SNES/Genesis
Steam ID: DAKherr

Postby Dragon Mech » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:06 pm

i've finished v2.0 of my weapons WAD and it is now ready to download. i have fixed alot of the problems that v1.0 had and added a couple of things. the readme file has been updated (and spell checked) so you can stop hurting your face with that confused look.the supply box no longer contains all of the new weapons (just two of them). instead, i have placed all of my weapons and the doom weapons in these crates:
weapons crates.jpg

these weapon crates replace the doom weapon pickups but contain the doom weapons as well as my weapons. i hand drew these crates using Microsoft paint and used the rocket ammo box as a model.i have made various changes to some of the weapons. the supply box now acts as a large ammo pickup and still has the Desert Eagle in it. the read me has more info about what changes i've made. i hope everyone finds this version much more playable than the last one. i welcome any comments but i ask you to please leave your whinning at home.
ENJOY :D
Last edited by Kherr on Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Removed dead link
Site Moderator
Dragon Mech
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Dragon Mech » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:42 am

i'm currently working on version 3.0 of my WAD file and i'm hoping to have it ready by christmas.
i have added a few more weapons that will replace most of the doom weapons. all of the weapons will still be in the crates and as soon as i can i'll post a link where everyone can download a pre-release copy of the readme file. the biggest addition is a Grenadelauncher that can launch grenades that will spawn friendly monsters.
Allies.jpg

these monsters will attack enemy monsters and not you. but don't stand in front of them when they fire there weapons because there attacks will still hurt you. i may add more monsters between now and christmas but for now,these are what i have. as a christmas gift to all of TOC, i'm planning to merge a copy of version 3.0 of this wad file with the Mega-Blood.wad file to make a "MegaBlood"version of my wad file. i will release the MegaBlood version at the same time as the normal version on my wad file.
Site Moderator
Dragon Mech
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Hot Trout » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:27 am

Very cool
Webmaster, Admin, Amiga Fan, Retro Gamer and Collector

Click the banner to Join us on Discord
Hot Trout
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member

Fav System: Amiga
Steam ID: hot_trout

Postby Dragon Mech » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:25 pm

Update: i think i'm done adding stuff to my wad file so i should be able to start updating the readme file this weekend and get a download url for a prerelease readme file posted by monday. after that i'll be testing the wad for a few weeks. i've added a few more friendly monsters but quite frankly i'm not sure who's side there on. here are a few of the changes and additions that i've made so far:

all of the doom weapons have been replaced with the exception of the fist, chainsaw and the BFG9000.

players will now start the game with the Desert Eagle, 50 rounds of ammo and 10 Handgrenades. because of this, the Desert Eagle and the Handgrenades have been removed from the supplybox. (yay! :D )

players will now be able to jump a little higher than normal.

the doom supershotgun has been replaced with 4 barreled over/under shotgun called the MegaShotgun. players will be able to fire one barrel at a time or all four barrels at once. this gun will also be in the shotgun crate so that will be available in doom and ultimate doom

Dragon Mech's MG has been moved from slot 8 to slot 4 and the FN P90 replaces the doom chaingun.
i'll leave the rest for the readme file. :P i'm hoping that this will be one Kick-ass mod that will level the playing field on some of those hard to beat map wads. that is if you don't keep getting fragged by your own monsters! hehe! :tongue:
Site Moderator
Dragon Mech
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Next

Return to Modern Computing