Shellshock bug in Bash for Unix systems

The place to discuss anything non retro. Life, love, cars, sport, facebook whatever ... only spam will be removed from here.

Shellshock bug in Bash for Unix systems

Postby Kherr » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:49 pm

Excerpt:

By now you may have heard about a new bug found in the Bash shell. And unless you're a programmer or security expert, you're probably wondering if you should really worry. The short answer is: Don't panic, but you should definitely learn more about it, because you may be in contact with vulnerable devices.

This bug, baptized "Shellshock" by Security Researchers, affects the Unix command shell "Bash," which happens to be one of the most common applications in those systems. That includes any machine running Mac OS X or Linux. The "shell" or "command prompt" is a piece of software that allows a computer to interact with the outside (you) by interpreting text. This vulnerability affects the shell known as Bash (Bourne Again SHell), which is installed not only on computers, but also on many devices (smart locks, cameras, storage and multimedia appliances, etc.) that use a subset of Linux.

Code: Select all
Source: http://www.engadget.com/2014/09/25/what-is-the-shellshock/

What do you guys think on this? Like... holy crap... :sick:
Kherr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Next LVL Up at : 1800
Next LVL Up at : 1800

Fav System: PC/NES/SNES/Genesis
Steam ID: DAKherr

Re: Shellshock bug in Bash for Unix systems

Postby alexsmith789 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:06 am

When I tried to open the shellshock in the Bash suddenly in my Unix system, lenovo screen flicker started and I was unable to see anything in the screen. Please help me to fix the problem.
Last edited by Dragon Mech on Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed the hyperlink that was in violation of forum rule 16
alexsmith789
Next LVL Up at : 5
Next LVL Up at : 5

Fav System: Not Sure

Return to Off Topic Discussion