ePSXe and Parasite Eve

Having a problem downloading or using a ROM. Place your questions here.

Re: ePSXe and Parasite Eve

Postby Dragon Mech » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:01 am

i'm very sorry that we haven't been able to to address your problem. you would think that out of our 142474 members, someone besides our regulars would be willing to help. :(.
Site Moderator
For the Glory of the Gamer Nation!
Dragon Mech
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Next LVL Up at : 630

Fav System: Too many to list here :D

Postby bamachine » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:10 am

I really appreciate this site and all the work put into providing all the emulators and roms. That said, at this point, I would think there would be much less of that and much more of troubleshooting the existing content. What I am seeing is that posts made in this section goes for days, sometimes weeks without a reply, not just mine but the whole rom support section of the forums.
bamachine
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member
Next LVL Up at : 15

Fav System: PS2

Postby Dragon Mech » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:56 am

i have noticed that too bamachine. and it makes me very frustrated. i would like very much to help you with your problem, but i lack the connection speed (i have 56k dial-up) and account status required to do so. we just need more of our members to become involved in the community.
Site Moderator
For the Glory of the Gamer Nation!
Dragon Mech
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Fav System: Too many to list here :D

Postby crustyasp46 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:08 pm

Dragon Mech wrote:i have noticed that too bamachine. and it makes me very frustrated. i would like very much to help you with your problem, but i lack the connection speed (i have 56k dial-up) and account status required to do so. we just need more of our members to become involved in the community.

As frustrating as it is, the fact remains that for each problem that exists, the problem solving aspect is supplied by those wishing to volunteer to share their knowledge on the forum. This aspect seems to be sadly missing here. I have no knowledge of emulators, so can offer no help on the topic.

The fact remains that posts may go for long periods without answer simply because those who bother to look at the post can either offer no assistance, or they do not wish to share their knowledge. There seems to be no volunteers willing to step forward on the site.

Attitudes seem to be " Take my roms and run." Which is a sad state of affairs, as there is so much offered, and so much effort put into the site by HT. But he can not do everything without help from others.
crustyasp46
He's Everyones Daddy
He's Everyones Daddy
Next LVL Up at : 1750

Postby crustyasp46 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:22 pm

bamachine wrote:I really appreciate this site and all the work put into providing all the emulators and roms. That said, at this point, I would think there would be much less of that and much more of troubleshooting the existing content. What I am seeing is that posts made in this section goes for days, sometimes weeks without a reply, not just mine but the whole rom support section of the forums.

The task of verifying every rom on the site would not be feasible, as the task would have to be done by volunteers and submitting their results. On the whole I believe that the rom section is pretty good, judging from the number of posts reporting roms with issues.

Frustrating to get a rom that you really want to play, Yes, but those issues mostly are resolved quickly. Those instances when they are not, usually mean a solution has not been found as yet.

Help with issues are supplied by those who are willing to volunteer their knowledge. If no one steps forward, then the help is not forthcoming. Sadly, this seems to be an issue on the forums.
crustyasp46
He's Everyones Daddy
He's Everyones Daddy

Postby Hot Trout » Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:09 pm

Crusty said it like it is. I simply am unable to do everything. A site this size takes a lot of work and although there are times when I am able to dedicate a lot of time, similarly there are times when real life and family take over and so I am not able to spend much time.

For the most part, my time recently is being spent on developing the new site and therefore updating roms and emulators is not possible. Another member was taking care of the emulator updates but alas he also has not been able to do so for some weeks.

The forums need good, daily visitng, knowledgeable moderators as well as most active members.
Webmaster, Admin, Amiga Fan, Retro Gamer and Collector

Click the banner to Join us on Discord
Hot Trout
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member
Next LVL Up at : 3650

Fav System: Amiga
Steam ID: hot_trout

Postby bamachine » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:38 pm

Like I said above, I do appreciate all the work that goes on here to provide all of us these wonderful emulators and roms. I guess I am just getting frustrated trying to play one of the onlyones I missed from back in the day. I think it is just a bad rom, rather than any issue with the emulator. I do not want to try and find the rom elsewhere, as the ones here I trust not to be infected, can't say the same for most other places.

I don't know if users are allowed to upload roms here but if anyone has a clean one that could be uploaded, would buy you an eBeer.
bamachine
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member

Fav System: PS2

Postby Hot Trout » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:33 pm

Well at present users can't upload but if anyone has a working version please PM me and I will get it and upload for you.
Webmaster, Admin, Amiga Fan, Retro Gamer and Collector

Click the banner to Join us on Discord
Hot Trout
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member

Fav System: Amiga
Steam ID: hot_trout

Previous

Return to Support with ROMs