Video games industry mourns death of ZX Spectrum creator Sir

This is the general discussion forum. Please check that your topic would not be better suited to another forum before posting in here. MOD's will move any incorrectly placed topic.

Video games industry mourns death of ZX Spectrum creator Sir

Postby nightshade » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:50 am

surprised not to see this on the front page ..

Code: Select all
https://metro.co.uk/2021/09/16/games-industry-mourns-death-of-zx-spectrum-creator-sir-clive-sinclair-15271911/

Wow being someone in America who used a zx occasionally and thought it could have been better for gaming with a few tweaks and hopefully gotten rid of the "it's a generic/budget C64(but still better than an Amstrad CPC)"tag this is sad news
"theres no point it telling me the wisdom of a fool cant and wont set me free"-new order
"its always easier and usually better to get forgiveness than permission"-various
nightshade
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member
Next LVL Up at : 170
Next LVL Up at : 170

Fav System: all systems

Re: Video games industry mourns death of ZX Spectrum creator

Postby Hot Trout » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:40 pm

It is indeed a very sad day. I did not get a chance to post this week as I was away on work. I will post it up now.
Webmaster, Admin, Amiga Fan, Retro Gamer and Collector

Click the banner to Join us on Discord
Hot Trout
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member
Next LVL Up at : 3650
Next LVL Up at : 3650

Fav System: Amiga
Steam ID: hot_trout

Re: Video games industry mourns death of ZX Spectrum creator

Postby johnyy » Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:36 am

I'm sorry to hear that you are disappointed with the performance of the ZX Spectrum for gaming. While the ZX Spectrum was certainly ahead of its time in many ways, it is true that its hardware limitations could be a hindrance when it came to gaming. Nevertheless, the ZX Spectrum has a loyal fanbase, and many classic games from the era are still enjoyed by retro gaming enthusiasts today. It's also worth noting that the ZX Spectrum's budget pricing made it accessible to a wider audience, and it was instrumental in promoting computing and gaming in the UK and Europe. Regardless of its limitations, the ZX Spectrum holds an important place in the history of gaming and technology, and it is remembered fondly by many people.
johnyy
Next LVL Up at : 5
Next LVL Up at : 5

Fav System: lenove

Return to General Discussion